nocomments

The alleged Kaduna kidnapper and killer was discharged from the army in 2013 – a spokesperson said

Kidnapping

According to the Nigerian Army, Lance Cpl. Adamu Galadima, who was arrested in connection with the kidnapping and murder of his neighbor’s child in Kaduna, was discharged in 2013.

Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima, Director of Army Public Relations, made the announcement on Tuesday in Abuja.

Yerima claimed that the perpetrator, who was accused of murdering his victim after receiving a N5 million ransom, is now employed by the Kaduna State Environmental Services and not the Nigerian Army as previously reported.

Lance Cpl. Galadima, he added, was duly discharged from the Nigerian Army in 2013 after a General Court Marshal in Kaduna found him guilty.

“His last unit was 2 Provost Group, where he was embroiled in an attempted murder case that resulted in his conviction and trial before the General Court Marshal in Kaduna.

“After being shot, Adamu made his way to Kaduna State Environmental Services, where he worked as a cleaner.

“As a result, he is no longer a member of the Nigerian Army as of April 2021, when he committed the suspected crime,” he said.

According to Yerima, the Nigerian Army is still a disciplined organisation that will not tolerate any unprofessional behaviour on the part of its officers and soldiers.

He encouraged the public to disregard the false storey that is currently being circulated on social media.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x